In this video I show how to install and test the FL2000 USB to VGA adapter as a radio transmitter!
Disclaimer: Avoid transmitting signals outside ISM bands. If you connect an antenna to the red “port”, then you should not transmit without a filter for example, as this device produces a lot of bad harmonics, which will interfere with other radio signals.
– Josh (First elite supporter!)
– Source: https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-fl2k
– FL2K Samples: https://github.com/steve-m/fl2k-examples
– Slides: https://people.osmocom.org/steve-m/fl2k_slides/osmo-fl2k.html#(1)
– Wiki: https://osmocom.org/projects/osmo-fl2k/wiki
– RTL-SDR Website: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/osmo-fl2k-a-tx-only-sdr-hacked-from-commodity-5-usb-to-vga-adapters-demos-available-for-transmitting-wbfm-gsm-umts-gps/
– Hackaday: https://hackaday.com/2018/04/23/spoofing-cell-networks-with-a-usb-to-vga-adapter/
– Conference Video: https://media.ccc.de/v/HWVZPK
– SMA Breakout Board: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Y5DKWJuh
– SMA Breakout Board Twitter Reference: https://twitter.com/sync_channel/status/995482305891364864
Confirmed Working Adapter:
– Mirror’s Edge Soundtrack – Kate (Puzzle)
– Solar Fields – The Stones Are Not Too Busy [Available in MP3, WAV, and FLAC on Beatport]
Interesting Note: It appears that the first track was also made by Solar Fields.
Stay tuned and subscribe for upcoming video about various types of hacks!